The weekend is a great time to get together with the whole family and friends for a hearty brunch. We've put together a convenient grocery list and tasty recipes to help you get your Sunday brunch ready in no time.
So nothing stands in the way of a happy brunch.
Shopping list for Sunday brunch:
- Orange juice/ multivitamin juice
- Sparkling wine/ Prosecco/ Champagne
- Bread rolls
- Yeast plait (If you would like to bake this yourself, you will find our favorite recipe below)
spread/ cold cuts:
- butter/ margarine
- cream cheese
- lettuce leaves
Sweet side dishes:
- 2 jars of preserves
- chocolate spread
- yoghurt/ cottage cheese
Savory side dishes:
- floral decoration
There are many delicious recipes to prepare the perfect brunch. From hearty variations to vegetarian dishes, the selection is large.
We present two recipes that go particularly well with Happy Foie: a classic yeast braid and our favorite recipe for brioche rolls.
For those who like it sweet, you will find an easy recipe for pancakes below.
Yeast plait with pearl sugar - ingredients (1 portion):
For the yeast dough:
- 510 grams of flour
- 260 ml milk
- 80 grams of powdered sugar
- 1 egg (size M)
- 1 cube of fresh yeast
- 80 g soft butter or margarine
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
Preparation of the yeast plait with pearl sugar:
- For the dough, first heat the milk and butter in a small saucepan. Meanwhile, sift the flour into a large bowl with the icing sugar and a pinch of salt.
- Then put the yeast in a bowl and pour in all the lukewarm milk and butter mixture. Add the egg and knead everything until you get a nice and firm dough.
- The yeast dough must now rest for about an hour, covered with a kitchen towel. After this time, divide the dough into thirds on a floured work surface.
- Each piece of dough is rolled into a long roll and then wrapped into a braid. Leave the yeast braid to rest for another 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 170°C, brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with granulated sugar. Bake the pastry in the oven for about 30 minutes. After baking, let it cool completely.
Our recommendation for Sunday brunch: Brioche rolls with happy foie - ingredients (serving 4):
Preparation of the brioche rolls with Happy Foie:
- Cut the happy foie of your choice into approx. 1cm thick slices and place on a sliced brioche roll. Then spread the happy foie with a delicious jam.
- If you like, add fresh flowers or cress and serve.
Pancakes - ingredients (10 pieces):
For the dough:
- 250 g wheat flour (Type 405)
- 2-3 tbsp sugar
- 2 teaspoons of baking soda
- 1 pinch of salt
- 2 eggs (size M)
- 200ml milk
- Some cooking oil (e.g. sunflower oil)
- maple syrup
- powdered sugar
Preparing the pancakes:
- Mix flour with sugar, baking powder and salt. Add the eggs and milk and mix until a smooth batter forms. Put some oil in a frying pan and heat over medium heat. Pour two tablespoons of batter into each pan. The diameter of the pancakes should be about 10cm.
- Bake each pancake until bubbles form, about 2 minutes, then turn and cook the other side for the same amount of time. Then decorate the pancakes with berries or maple syrup and serve.
Pancakes are easy to freeze. Simply stack the leftover pancakes in a freezer bag and place in the freezer. If necessary, toast the frozen pancakes in the toaster.
Have fun and bon appetit!